Monday, June 24, 2013

STYLE SET: CHARGED CRYSTAL

I've almost entirely giving up on dressing well. You will rarely catch me in anything other than leggings and a t-shirt. And if I am "dressed up" I'm probably uncomfortable. I think people who have known me for a while must wonder why I no longer care, I went to fashion school after all. Well, I'll tell you- and I am going to risk sounding like a total jerk to explain why... 
Simply, my taste far and away exceeds my means- and while I have no issue making what I make and working damn hard for it, I cannot afford the clothes I want. I try to go into H&M, Target and Forever 21 to mix and match pieces but it just doesn't work. I like something for a month at most and then I can't stand the sight of it on me (leading me to think that maybe this issue goes a little deeper than pure snobbery, body issues anyone?). Maybe I have also just lost how to shop. I get overwhelmed, I can't mix and match basics and accent pieces so I just buy 900 white t-shirts. I literally have 900 white t-shirt and nothing else. Not the worst of my problems, or the worst problem to have but I am just saying!  
This isn't an entirely new thing either- it started in college when I was really exposed to quality clothing...nothing I bought came close to what I saw in classes and what I made- thats when I just gave up- I think I wore the same long sleeve hanes t-shirt every week for a year, and didn't care. 

Regardless, I just don't try anymore. It is truly a waste of effort and money- I think I spend more on multiple cheap pieces than I would on one nice staple- purley and utterly confused.  I dress for comfort, for my life stlye and for ease. I am happy this way, to be honest its one of the more freeing things I've ever done. And when the day comes that I can buy a $500 jacket without blinking- I will dress like I dream of dressing but for now, I will post beautiful, inspiring outfits on my blog that fit my state of mind, like this one inspired by this past weekend's super moon-did you charge remember to charge your crystals? 

Dress: Free People | Earring: Anita Ko for Tibi | Cartigan: KowTow Clothing Bootie: Rag & Bone | Clutch: Clare Vivier | Quartz Crystal: The Internet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment